Thursday, January 2, 2014

OKANSOURI

My friend, Eric, told us about this great place to eat in Oklahoma City, so we ate dinner there last night. It's probably one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever visited.  The fajitas were amazing! 

 We started out this morning at the Oklahoma City temple.  After enjoying 60-degree weather in Amarillo we were greeted by 25-degree weather in Oklahoma City.

 Then we drove to Kansas, stopping along the way to enjoy another of Eric's recommendations.  My Oreo cookie shake was delicious.  I know……I'm crazy eating/drinking a shake when it's so cold outside.  The hamburger was really good too.
 Our second destination: The Kansas City (Missouri) temple.  Above is a shot just before sunset.  Below is a shot just after sunset.



 Just before sunset - 16 degrees and windy.
 Just after sunset - not too windy, but still 16 degrees!

 On the way to St. Louis the temperature dropped to nine degrees.  I never want to live in a place with single-digit temperatures and wind (at the same time).


 Mormon temple right next to Baptist University.  I love it!
Beautiful, no?

Must……get…….sleep.  Three states, three temples, nine hours of driving.  My bum hates me.


Responses to our question, "What is one thing you know about Mormons?":

John - Concierge at Country Inns & Suites - Oklahoma City, OK: "Different Christology.  They have different doctrine on the Godhead.  There was a splinter group that practiced eugenics.  Back when I was in college I played tennis and I must have had the desired genetics, because I was approached by a gorgeous blonde girl one day……they're all blonde males between 6 feet and 6'5'' tall, and the women are blonde and beautiful."

Faith - Concierge at La Quinta - St. Louis, MO: "I don't know anything."

1 comment:

  1. You guys need a tripod, so you can have pictures together! Jealous of your trip, we wanted to road trip back to md, but needing to rent a much bigger vehicle, plus gas and mileage fees it was too $$$

    ReplyDelete