Saturday, December 7, 2013

Columbia Temple & Charleston, SC

 First stop was the temple

 This Angel Moroni isn't holding anything in his left hand
 Where it all began back in 2001
 Now we're in Charleston, SC
 We stopped at Hyman's and got their crab cake sandwich and shrimp-salad sandwich.  Boiled peanuts, hushpuppies, and fried green tomatoes too.
 This is why I don't want to live beyond 80
 We waited for an hour to see Charleston's well-known Christmas boat parade...
…and this was about as good as it got.  I wonder if the rain had something to do with the less-than-spectacular show this year.

I was sitting in the breakfast area of the Country Inns & Suites this morning when the little family next to me said "grace" over their food.  They then sang grace with their kids to further bless their food.  I couldn't resist asking them what religion they belong to.  The Catholic faith.  I love the south.

Responses to our question about Mormons:

Tim - Concierge at Country Inns & Suites in Columbia, SC: "I don't really know much…..the Osmonds are Mormon."

Concierge at Country Inns & Suites in Charleston, SC: "My friend, Amanda, is Mormon.  We had a conversation at like three o'clock in the morning one night where she broke it all down, but I don't remember the specifics."

Eric - our waiter at Hyman's Seafood: "I knew a couple things once, when we had weekly study.  There was a prophet that came later that wrote the Book of Mormon."

Thomas Jefferson [Yep, that's his real name] - Evening concierge at Country Inns & Suites in Charleston, SC: "I don't really know anything.  What are the major differences between Mormons and the other religions?"

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Sam with the umbrella! It totally looks like it's snowing. The Circle of Life is hilarious, and probably pretty darn accurate. :D And I'm laughing at the unnamed concierge's response about having a conversation with all the details, but not remembering any of them. Who would at 3:00 in the morning??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Lizzie. I have a hard enough time remembering things during normal hours. :)

      Delete
    2. I think that is pretty typical for our family. We all have memory issues. :D

      Delete